• Nearly 1 billion people around the don't have safe water to drink.
• A child dies every 15 seconds from a lack of clean water
• 1 in 4 children who die before age 5 worldwide, die of water related disease.
• Children often walk miles every day to collect dirty water to drink.
• The average distance woman in Africa and Asia walk to collect water is 6 km.
The Solution: You get involved and help dig wells, build small dams, put up water tanks and provide clean, safe water for thousands.
Providing water is one of the best forms of Sadaqah Jariyah (Hadith). Since 2004, Save The Mothers Trust's volunteers have worked tirelessly in constructing wells in Pakistan and Africa.
In Ghana since 2004 more than 50 wells have been excavated providing clean water to the surrounding villages. Clean water is an essential commodity which will reduce the suffering of the sick and poorly and more importantly save the lives of many people who may otherwise be at risk of developing long-term and sometimes fatal diseases.
With your generosity and compassion we will strive to continue our successful mission in the region by promoting the benefits of self-sufficiency and independence.
SMT's water & sanitation activities include:
• Building water supply systems in deprived areas
• excavated and restoring wells
• Implementing water purification projects
• Undertaking integrated sanitation programmes
• Community mobilization and awareness programmes
Clean water is essential for life, but one in eight of the world's population does not have access to it.
By supporting us, your regular gift could help change the lives of millions of people, starting today.
Your kindness has brought a smile on many upset faces. Your generosity has brightened the futures of many lives.
Please Donate Today
£5 a month, over a year could be the cost to help give a person safe, clean water for life.
£6 a month will support our ongoing water projects
£30 a month provides a water hand pump in Pakistan or Africa