The aim of sacrifice, like all other essentials is to imbibe piety and self righteousness. It also promotes the spirit of sacrifice for a right cause. To explain its purpose, God says in the Qur’an.
It is not their meat, nor their blood, that reaches God, It is their piety that reaches God: (22:37)
Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) said:
On the 10th of Zil-Hijjah, there is no better act in the view of Allah than shedding the blood (of slaughtered animals). And verily sacrifice earns the approbation of Allah even before the drop of blood (of the slaughtered animal) falls on the ground. Hence you should offer it in good spirit. For every hair of the sacrificial animal, there is a blessing.
Qurbani is Fardh for: every sain baligh (adult) sahib-e-neesab (for every person who can afford to pay for a Qurbani).
Eid ul adha is a time of sacrifice. Qurbani, like Zakat, is essential for one who has the financial means and savings that remain surplus to his own needs over the year. It is essential for one’s own self.
- In 2004: Approx. 250 families received the Qurbani meat.
- In 2005: Over 500 families were able receive the meat from your Qurbanis
- In 2006: Nearly 1100 poor families were able to benefit from Qurbani meat
- In 2007: Approximately £11 725 were raised with you kind help this allowed Qurbani purchase and distribution to over 5200 families in Africa and Asia
SMT Qurbani programmes are not like the traditional Programme that is practised by other charities.
- One animal is given to a few families who live in the same area.
- The families care for this animal for about 5/6 days.
- Children interact with these sacred animals; the buffalos and cows are taken to graze and the sheep/rams are played and interacted with.
- These are very joyous moments for the poor families.
- It allows them to feel as if they are doing the qurbanis themselves
- Families bring these animals to a common place on the day of Eid, where they are slaughtered and distributed.
- In this way the whole Qurbani experience is shared and enjoyed by everyone, especially the young.
SMT Aims to: Send the Qurbani meat to some very remote areas of Asia and Africa. As well as to distribute Qurbani meat to female prisoners especially in Pakistan who only live off on average of 7 rupees/month (that’s less than 5p/month and that’s a fact!).
Africa Sheep/Ram Cattle (1/7th Part)
- Ghana £55.00 £40.00
- Burkina Faso £55.00 £65.00
- Ivory Coast £70.00 £45.00
- Asia Sheep/Ram Cattle (1/7th Part)
- Pakistan £60.00 £45.00
- Kashmir £55.00 £45.00
To donate money for emergency appeals visit the donations page.