• Nearly 1 billion people around they don’t have safe water to drink.
• A child dies every 15 seconds from a lack of clean water
• 1 in 4 children who die before age 5 worldwide die of the water-related disease.
• Children often walk miles every day to collect dirty water to drink.
• Average distance woman in Africa and Asia walk to collect water is 6 km.
The average distance that a woman in rural parts of Asia or Africa walks to collect water is 6km, which is often dirty and contaminated with diseases. Accompanied on this journey are their daughters, who miss out on their education as a result.
You get involved and help dig wells, build small dams, put up water tanks and provide clean, safe water for thousands.
Providing water is one of the best forms of Sadaqah Jariyah
Since 2004, Save the Mothers Trust’s volunteers have worked tirelessly in constructing wells and hand pumps in Pakistan and Africa.
What We Did: In Africa (Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali and Malawi) since 2004 100’s of water wells have been excavated providing clean water to thousands of households for the people, livestock and crops. Clean water is an essential commodity which will reduce the suffering of the sick and poor and more importantly save the lives of many people who may otherwise be at risk of developing long-term and sometimes fatal diseases. With your generosity and compassion, we will strive to continue our successful mission in the regions by promoting the benefits of self-sufficiency and independence.
SMT’s water & sanitation activities include:
• Building water supply systems in deprived areas
• Excavating and restoring wells
• Implementing water purification projects
• Undertaking integrated sanitation programmes
• Community mobilization and awareness programmes
Clean water is essential for life, but one in eight of the world’s population does not have access to it. By supporting us, your regular gift could help change the lives of millions of people, starting today.
Your kindness has brought a smile on many upset faces. Your generosity has brightened the futures of many lives.
£5 a month, over a year, could be the cost to help give a person safe, clean water for life.
£6 a month will support our ongoing water projects
£30 a month provides a water hand pump in Pakistan or Africa
Water Well and Hand pump Costs:
£150.00 – Water Hand Pump (Pakistan)
£1,000.00 – Deep Water Well (Pakistan)
£300.00 – Water Hand-pump (Rohingya Refugee Camps – Bangladesh)
£500.00 – Small Water Well (Bangladesh)
£1,500.00 – Deep Water Well with Ablution Facilities (Rohingya Refugee Camps – Bangladesh)
£1,500.00 – Community Well (Tanzania, Africa)
£3,500.00 – Deep Water Well (Tanzania, Africa)
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.