1 in 4 children who die before the age of 5 worldwide, die of water-related disease. Children often walk miles every day to collect dirty water to drink. The average distance women in Africa & Asia walk to collect water is 6km. The solutions: you get involved and help dig wells, build small dams, put up water tanks and provide clean, safe water for thousands. Providing water is one of the best forms of Saqdaqa Jariya ( Hadith). Since 2004, Save The Mothers Trusts’ volunteers haves worked tirelessly in constructing wells in Pakistan & Africa.
What We Did?
In West Africa (Ghana, Ivory Coast & Mali) since 2004 more than 150 wells have been excavated providing clean water to the surrounding villages.
SMT’s water & sanitation activities include:
- Building water supply systems in deprived areas
- Excavating & restoring wells
- Implementing water purification projects
- Undertaking integrated sanitation programs
- Community mobilisation and awareness programme